Short Legs Long Torso
Dress for your body
You now know that you have the vertical body type of Short Legs Long
Torso. To correctly dress for your body type you have to balance your
vertical body by creating the illusion of equal proportions for each
section that you measured.
Your goal is to
create the illusion of shortening your torso or make your legs look
longer to balance them out.
With your unique measurements you will know whether to tuck-in tops or
wear them out to balance your proportions to an even length. This
measurement will determine what length and shape skirts and pants you
should be wearing as well.
You can also visually adjust your Short Legs Long Torso with colors,
accents, textures and new lines.
Go through these pointers
to give you ideas on how to achieve that balance.
What To Wear:
- Tucked in tops
- Wide belts that match your pants or skirt (not your top)
- Keep necklaces and scarves shorter in length
- Long trousers that widen and cover the tops of your shoes
- Straight line skirts and straight leg pants
- Go for crop tops or shorter jackets
- Medium to high heel shoes
- Monochromatic colour schemes
What Not To Wear:
- Tops or tunics that hit the hips this will make you look
- Big patterned skirts that are gathered at the waist
- Skirts that stop mid calf. These will make your legs appear
- A-line or flarey skirts
GUIDE TO DRESSING
FOR YOUR PROPORTIONS