Long Legs Short Torso
Dress for your body type
You now know that you have the vertical body type of Long
Torso. To correctly dress for your body type you have to balance your
vertical body by creating the illusion of equal proportions for each
section that you measured.
Your goal is to
create the illusion of lengthening your torso to balance your longer
With your unique measurements you will know whether to tuck-in tops or
wear them out to balance your proportions to an even length. This
measurement will determine what length and shape skirts and pants you
should be wearing as well.
You can also visually adjust your Long Legs Short Torso with
accents, textures and new lines.
Go through these pointers
to give you ideas on how to achieve that balance.
What To Wear:
- Drop waists, mid length tunics and longer tops
- Low rise or hipster pants
- Deep V necks, open shirts, long necklaces or scarves
- Skinny belts or low slung belts
- Low to medium heels
- Vertical stripes
- Pants with cuffs. They shorten the leg line and draw the
What Not To Wear:
- Don't tuck in shirts or tops (If you do then blouse them up
to help elongate your waist)
- Avoid crop jackets, short tops
- High waisted pants or skirts
GUIDE TO DRESSING
FOR YOUR PROPORTIONS